Thursday, November 29, 2012

Oreo Chocochip Cupcake

Few days ago, I was in the mood to play on the kitchen. Since I bought a box of muffin mix at S&R, I decided to make it into cupcakes. 

I am a person who is so in love with pastries and anything that is sweet. Dessert had always been my favorite course every meal. That I guess shows that I have a sweet tooth. I mentioned on my previous posts that I am more in love of me cooking and baking for my own food. I love experimenting. Since I am a graduate of Hotel and Restaurant Management. Baking was my favorite class during college. I just don't love the idea or should I say the fact that in baking, you should always be accurate with the ingredients. Because a little less or more you put will literally affect on the outcome of what you are trying to bake.

Well back to making my cupcakes. I decided to give my cupcakes a little twist. Few months ago I remember, I saw a post on Tumblr of a cupcake that has an oreo inside. I searched for the recipe on Google and there I saw that it was so easy to make one.

Here is a simple recipe of my own version of Oreo Chocochip Cupcake.

First things first. Mise en place. It is a french word meaning, putting everything in place. Getting and arranging all the ingredients and utensils you will use in place. So it wouldn't be hassle for you to just easily get what you need. Our professors back in college always remind us that every time the class will start and even end.

You will Need:
1 box Krusteaz muffin mix (double chocolate) *have real chocolate chips in the mix
2 eggs
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Oreo cookies
cupcake liners
cupcake molders/cups


Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.


2. Place the muffin mix in a bowl. 




3. And add the water, oil, and eggs.


4. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir until moistened. Can you see the chocolate chips? They are in medium size and are all over the batter.


Cute cupcake liners




5. Spoon 1/4 of the batter unto the cupcake liner and top it with Oreo cookies.


6. Spoon batter again until Oreos are stuffed inside. Approximately 3/4 full.

7. Place it inside the oven and bake it for about 12-16 minutes. Here's a tip. You can use a toothpick to prick the cupcakes just for you to know when it is already baked inside. When the toothpick still has batter mix when removed, it is not yet done.


8. Remove from the oven and let it cool for minutes.


Cupcake's ready! Made 24 medium cupcakes. You'll notice that there are few chocolate chips popping out on top of some cupcakes that is why it isn't a smooth cupcake top. Well, why would you still notice that if it will going to make your mouth melt haha!


Had a bite and look, the Oreo cookie! Perfectly stuffed inside the cupcake. All in all, it tasted a bit sweet. The Oreo cookie tasted like it was kinda minty on the tongue. Or maybe, it was just me. I don't know lol. It's an overload of chocolate goodness. The cute thing here is that when you have eaten or bite on some chocolate chips, you'll surely look for some more inside while eating it. I tried putting some on the fridge and it tasted more good. A great dessert after a full load course. Though it may add a little calories on your system. But it's worth a calorie!

That's it. It's easy as doing your own pancakes. Try making one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment